Lone Mountain Ranch is located between Big Sky Meadow Village and Big Sky Mountain Village and offers lodging, dining, and recreational activities. Established in 1915 as a working cattle ranch, Lone Mountain Ranch is a family retreat for those drawn to the tranquil wilds of the greater Yellowstone ecosystem.
Lone Mountain Ranch offers comfortable, cozy log cabins with western furnishings, a woodstove, featherbeds and patchwork quilts.
For large family groups, the Ridgetop Lodge accommodates up to 18 peopl and has a wonderful Great Room for gathering by a fire, a recreation room with pool table and a huge deck and hot tub with views of the surrounding mountains.
Located just 18 miles from Yellowstone Park, Lone Mountain Ranch is the perfect place to experience the beauty and endless recreational opportunities of southwest Montana. Our naturalist program leads hikes, wildlife viewing, mountain biking, canoe trips and guided tours into Yellowstone.
Fly fishing is available from Orvis endorsed guides on legendary Montana blue ribbon trout streams.
In 2006 Lone Mountain Ranch was placed on the National Registry of Historic places. This honorary designation means that the Ranch has played a significant role in the history of Montana and the guest ranch industry.
Lone Mountain Ranch Features
- 24 log cabins and homes nestled amid pristine meadows and pine forests
- Cozy restaurant that features upscale Western fare
- Saloon with live music several nights per week
- Riding arena for private horseback riding instruction
- Large picnic pavilion for outdoor events, including live music and naturalist talks
- Outdoor barbecue and fire pits
- Discovery Center that hosts Outdoor Youth Adventures program activities
- Outdoor shop selling active apparel
- Free Wi-Fi in cabins and common areas
Lone Mountain Ranch Activities
- Downhill Skiing
- Nordic Skiing
- Sleigh Ride Dinners
- Yellowstone Tours
- Backcountry Skiing
- Massage & Yoga
- Dog Sledding