Shopping in Big Sky can be an adventure on its own, featuring everything from local crafts and art galleries to designer clothing, outdoor gear, novelty knickknacks and t-shirt shops.
(406) 995-2096 Featuring works by local painters, crafters, and artisans, The Painted Pony Gallery captures the beautiful essence of Montana’s landscapes and unique wildlife.
(406) 995-2230 Big Horn Boutique offers hand-made traditional boots, crafted with the same methods used since 1883. For a little more comfort, Minnetonka moccasins offer the ultimate in warmth and comfort. Stop in to see the diverse items this shop has to offer.
(406) 995-2909 This contemporary art gallery displays paintings, photography, sculpture and one-of-a-kind jewelry made by artists from around the world. These works are inspired by personal folklore and the natural beauty of Montana’s landscapes.
(406) 995-4557 Willow Boutique has been providing Big Sky with defining styles and unique looks since 1994. Their selection of jewelry, clothing, gifts, and home furnishings are perfect for decorating a home, near or far, or outfitting you for a night on the town or a day on the slopes.
(406) 993-6000 This tranquil spa provides treatments to rejuvenate your body and delight your senses, and is the perfect way to complement to a long vacation in scenic Big Sky.
(406) 995-3155 This charming gift shop has a unique selection of art, t-shirts, caps, and gifts that are made “moose-ly in Montana.” Come in to find just the right item for your friends and family.
(406) 995-4542 J.P. Woolies features apparel, gifts, toys, pottery, and a range of items including the exclusive Lone Mountain pendant made with 18 karat white gold and diamonds. Be sure to check out one of their hand-knit hats that has been keeping skiers warm for years.
(406) 995-2939 Grizzly Outfitters equips beginning and expert riders of Big Sky’s range of slopes and backcountry. Their extensive assortment of clothing and outdoor equipment will help you face any challenge the mountains have to offer.
(406) 995-2313 Find everything you need to be prepared for outdoor adventure in Big Sky at Gallatin Alpine Sports. They provide the leading brands of downhill and cross-country skis, snowboards, bikes, as well as service, rentals, and tour options.
(406) 995-4471 Lone Mountain Sports provides a full range of ski and snowboard equipment. Try out a new pair of skis before you buy, and find all the retail, rental, and repair services you need during your Montana adventure.
(406) 599-0383 This full-service grocer carries fresh meats and produce, and a complete selection of wine and beer. The Country Market deli features salads and soups, while the bakery provides a daily selection of breads, muffins, and cakes. Delivery service and gift baskets are available.
(406) 995-2550 Known as “the best little store in Big Sky,” this outlet shop offers top-quality merchandise at factory discounts. Stop in for a great selection of adult and kids sweatshirts, t-shirts, caps, and much more.
(406) 995-2290 Stock up on quality tackle, outerwear, rods, reels, and all other accessories you’ll need to land the biggest fish of your life. Gallatin Riverguides is located in the heart of big river trout country on Big Sky’s Gallatin River.
(406) 995-3045 Hungry Moose Market and Deli can stock your kitchen with the items you’ll need for you extended stay in Big Sky, including groceries, wine, beer, and an assortment of deli meats and cheeses.
Spirits of Big Sky
(406) 995-4343 As Big Sky’s only liquor store, this shop offers a wide array of wines, beers, gourmet foods, casual clothing, fleece apparel, quality gifts, and area artists’ custom-made artwork and log furniture.
Big Sky restaurants serve up everything from ethnic cuisine and creative five-course meals to old-fashioned steaks, burgers and fries. Home to five Wine Spectator Award-winning restaurants, fine dining rubs elbows with family-friendly fare and easy-going après ski atmospheres, including a backcountry yurt and sleigh ride dinners.
(406) 995-2845 The Black Bear creates mouth-watering favorites that are perfect after a day on the slopes. Menu items include sandwiches, burgers, steaks, ribs, fish, salads, as well as a selection of beer.
(406) 995-4111 Featuring unique entrées designed by Chef Todd Christensen, Bucks T-4 uses a combination of local ingredients and traditional culinary techniques to bring you a fantastic eating experience. Dishes include wild game, savory steaks, and a host of daily specialties.
(406) 995-2992 This neighborhood bistro serves gourmet flavors crafted from seasonal fare and sustainable meat and produce. The elegantly casual setting is relaxed and is the ideal place to enjoy a great meal and a hand-crafted cocktail or glass of wine from the restaurant’s award-winning list.
(888) 995-4249 Great food, a casual atmosphere, and friendly service make The Corral Bar a local favorite. Stop in to try some of the delicious menu items, all served with good, old-fashioned Western hospitality.
(406) 993-3830 This lively sports bar and pub offers beers and cheers for you and your friends. Come in to watch the game, have some great sandwiches, burgers, or finger foods, and enjoy the company around you.
(406) 995-4132 For a Big Sky experience unlike any other, come enjoy the rustic western sophistication of The Rainbow Ranch Lodge. The food is exceptional, the wine is delicious, and the hospitality is unmatched.
(406) 995-3280 Chef Eric Ross creates culinary delights that range from Mexican, Thai, Japanese, Italian, and vegetarian cuisine. Visit La Luna Restaurant which uses sustainable, all-natural ingredients and produce to make their delicious selection of soups, sauces, salads, and baked goods, and entrées.
(406) 995-2728 Lotus Pad offers excellent Thai cuisine world class service and a cozy atmosphere. Stop in to experience world-class lettuce wraps, curry, pad thai, chicken, and seafood.
(406) 995-3939 Lone Peak Brewery uses only the finest malt, hops, and yeast, brewed in small batches to create the greatest fresh draft beer possible. This brewery never uses chemicals, additives, or preservatives to ensure you get the best product with each and every batch. Food, merchandise, and entertainment are also available.
(406) 995-4933 At the base of Lone Peak in Big Sky, you’ll find this lively local’s favorite. Scissorbills Saloon is the perfect stop after a day skiing the slopes or biking the trails. The hamburgers and steaks come from locally raised, hormone and antibiotic free beef from Bozeman, MT. Weekly live entertainment is also provided.
(406) 995-4244 Blending contemporary and traditional culinary techniques, Chef Dennis VanNess designs exquisite cuisine with regional ingredients and a unique Rocky Mountain flair. His fresh ideas and enthusiasm lead to diverse and satisfying menu items that maintain a tradition of excellence.
(406) 995-3099 The Wrap shack prides itself on making its salsas and sauces from the freshest ingredients. Their aim is to provide patrons with wraps and other menu items that are completely original and exciting.
(406) 995-7175 Trail Head Pizza creates a variety of brick oven pizzas, thin crusts, Sicilian crusts, salads, and calzones. Enjoy your pizza on Trail Head’s outdoor patio or order take-out or take-and-bake pizzas as well.
For a unique backcountry dining experience, The Montana Dinner Yurt offers and intimate and elegant setting for a cozy candlelit dinner. Nestled on the flanks of Lone Peak’s mountainside in the Big Sky Resort, this dining yurt is accessed by snowcat and serves guests incomparable cuisine.
(406) 995-7181 Wokkee Mountain Kitchens offers contemporary Chinese cuisine made from the freshest ingredients. Locals and tourists alike will be satisfied with the savory menu items that come at a reasonable price.